Monday, March 7, 2011

War

Tonight, I was watching a movie. It was a movie based on a book I've read. The movie was "We Were Soldiers...". The book title continued "... And We Were Young". And the entire time I was watching and through the entire book, I kept asking "WHY?" "For WHAT?". The American People were no safer after the war than they were before. So, Why? Lt. Gen. Hal Moore has said that the men in Viet Nam didn't fight for freedom, or thier country,but for each other. I believe that speaks volumes.

Which brings me to what is really on my mind. My best and only friend in the world, that isn't my wife, is a man I consider my brother. His son, who is my nephew, is going to graduate from basic training this month. He has taken an oath, a solemn promise, to protect us from any enemy, foriegn or domestic. And it is our responsibility, our duty, to protect and defend him and young men and women like him from coming into harms way when it is not neccesary.

Is 10% hike in gas prices worth even one life? Is it OK for American soldiers,marines,sailors and airmen to risk their lives so Exxon/Mobile can increase profits?

Do I Believe there is a reason we should go to war?
Yes.

Whenever there is a wholesale slaughter of a part of the population.
Whenever we are attacked by a nation.
And, no, wait, that's it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a follower of your blog and I notice you have not posted in a while. I hope you are well and I urge you to return to the keyboard soon. Best wishes and happy typing!